The Cute Side of Singapore (Photo diary)

I tend to misuse the word 'cute' a lot when it comes to describing things. When something is pleasing to the eyes, and it brightens up my mood, it'll probably end up in the 'cute' section. But this doesn't really apply when I describe a cute guy, things just work differently when it come to this, uhm, topic. Hahaha.

I think I digressed too much. I just wanted to say how cute Singapore can be, minus the cute merlion that spits water, because it's just too mainstream. KIDDING. Back to the topic, it's really nice if you can travel around the place like a local instead of a tourist. it's not like I, myself is like a local, but thanks to my aunt, we get to walk the paths where probably the tourists won't really go. It's really refreshing, because you'll get to experience the cute Singapore without the typical concrete jungle and the probably over crowded Resorts World.

The pictures that are going to be posted were taken en route to a local market. I envy the Singaporeans for being able to walk safely to everywhere. I have always been impressed by the efficient city planning.

My sister's back.

On the way to the market, we stopped by my aunt's little patch that used to be taken care of by her late mother in law.The small yellow flowers caught my attention, as they are in contrast with the buildings that make their background.

 Purple leaves. They look edible to me. Sorry for my lack of knowledge in botany.

I especially like this small corner, because it reminds me of the quaint alleyways filled with flowers in Taiwan that I miss so much.


Pomegranate. I didn't edit this picture because I like the original color of this cute fruit. No filter can do justice to its natural color.

Singapore is definitely not one of my favorite places, but it holds a special place in my heart. Because so many beautiful childhood memories were made in this small island.
Not out of jealousy tho, but I really have to admit that, home is always better, and we definitely have nicer food, hands down!

XOXO



2 comments :

  1. spectacular writing. phenomenal photographic skills. such literature arouses my every stimulus towards your writing. it brings me euphoric pleasure to lay eyes upon this majestic piece of work.

    ReplyDelete