DREAM BIG? EW.




Dream Big? Ew. Such cheesiness. I always snort when this comes out of a guy's mouth.

But hell, how I wish I can really do that.

The scary thing about being comfortable and privileged is that, I've never wanted something so badly that I'll go out of the way to get it.

It struck me that I have always settled for the Okay but not the Very best, and that is why I am stuck here, envying my friends that are all around the world, some doing great things, or the things they love. While I'm just-- here. What I have now is good, it is sufficient, but it's definitely not the best. I am thankful, but not thankful at the same time. I know I should appreciate what I have, but there's a voice inside my head that tells me that I should look for more.

What stopped me was the idea of impossibility.

Ever since I was  young, I was told certain things are achievable and some unachievable, and I lazily, chose the comfort zone. I settled for what I think I could do, but I have never explored my full potential, I have not tested my limits, I didn't try. I stupidly told myself that I was too mediocre for music, too ordinary for art, too weak for sports, and too unintelligent for scholarships.

-- and I'm complaining. I used blame it on every other thing from circumstances to my parents, to fate and even to poor luck, except for myself. Now that I think of it, everything points back to myself. God created me to do whatever I want to do and there shouldn't be a limit to it. It might take long, and thousands of attempts, but there must be a way to get to that place where I want to go. - OH GOD I THINK I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY, WHY DID IT COME SO LATE?

I hope someday I will be brave enough, not in the skydiving- bungee jump way, those are overrated. I want to have the courage to dream big, to work hard for something, and the bravery to take a leap of faith.

So yea. Ew, but true.



2 comments :