In which we trotted down Petaling Street like tourists

The sky was slowly darkening as I reached Petaling Street, just the right time for me to capture a picture of the yellow building we happened to parked our car at.



It has been years since I last came here, by then I was just a wee kid who didn't appreciate the beauty of old buildings. For me, Petaling Street was just a hot, humid, and crowded place that I didn't want to step foot on. Wait, I think I didn't even realize that such buildings exist at Petaling Street. Needless to say, my mouth was agape, oohing and aahing at the heritage buildings that came into sight. What a discovery!



A food- hunting trip has become a photographing trip for me. I am certainly not a professional photographer, not even a very good one, But oh boy, I just can't stop snapping pictures, like a tourist! It actually feels pretty good. Come on, we gotta find joy in every simple thing, right?



The pictures above were taken en route to Seng Kee Restaurant to eat the legendary claypot lou shu fen (silver needle noodle, I wonder how it got this name. It looks more like rat's tail to me)



This is not a food review, but I have to say, It was really good. My cousins ordered a plate of Char Siu Meat noodles as well, but to be honest, I think they should have ordered two pots of lou shu fen.
As I am very well known for the mediocre ability of describing things, I won't further embarrass myself.



The sky was so mesmerizing, but we didn't get much of this.



Of all the things we did, I must say, eating the chestnut was the most interesting part. This chestnut vendor has been here for as long as I remember. The chestnuts being good was just a side note of the main story. The cutest thing is that we stood at the junction for a long time, just to eat the chestnut, yes, the whole bunch of us.

I have no Idea to close this. With quotes? or not? Anyways, It was such a fun filled short visit. Definitely doing it again.



















0 comments :

Post a Comment