O for Optimism


Today i will be talking about optimism.
It sounds boring i know, but everyone needs it, Everyone needs joy and optimism.
I always talk myself into feeling happy, with the help of my family.
Optimism fills you up, like how you fill up a cookie jar with your favorite cookies (I really couldn't find another appropriate thing to describe it.

Let me be honest.
I was crying like a mad man yesterday.
I was having trouble deciding my future, plus i just realized that university application is quite a challenging thing to do, and i should have done it earlier, although i know it's still early since i'll be applying only in January next year.( I'm an early freak, i couldn't bear to do things last minute Guess i inherited it from my father. )
I didn't really know what i was getting into until yesterday. I always glanced through university requirements and laughed off (actually it was just a confident grin) previously.
But oh boy,what i need is not only personal statement, but also study plan, autobiography and recommendation letters, and different things are needed for each university.
(i'm really bad at writing things like that)
I didn't know what to do.I panicked.
You'll probably think that i'm some pampered child who cries over minor things like university application.
I know it's only a small part of life, but it means the world to me. Like what money means to some people.

Why don't we just skip that.

Oh, don't worry i always cry like that.
Guess what i did this time.
I jumped from the tenth floor of my house.

Wait, i didn't do that.
My house is a double storey terrace.

Instead I went to sleep, and woke up early in the morning, went to school to see Ms. Choong, who's responsible in the university placement department.
She explained to me everything i need to do.(She's so kind. Actually everyone in MCKL is kind, except for me, haha.)
and later on i went to the dental clinic across my house to look for a part time job.
And taada! Here i am, typing my CV( aherm...together with my blog entry.)
next i will be typing my personal statement.
Everything turns out great.
And i have a feeling that everything will be alright.

This is not a meaningless babbling.
I repeat, this is not a meaningless babbling.

The point is,everything will turn out great if you face everything with optimism.
I mean, do not back down. Don't avoid anything even if it's tough.
Don't be a slitherer outer.

Wash your face after you cry, and don't let that tears of yours come out again (That's what my mom told me yesterday, while i was, you know, crying like a mad man )
Go to sleep, (and make sure you wake up.)
And after you wake up, solve the problem step, by, step.
Try to write it down if you couldn't remember what to do, like what i did, with my Samsung Galaxy Y (LOL, sounds like advertorial, BTW i'm just fooling around.)

As people say,
Every cloud has a silver lining.

It's not just a beautiful sentence for decoration, my dear friend.
Everything always turns out alright, i promise. ( God promised. )

Some people didn't get their problems solved because they chose to kill themselves before everything turns around to be OK. They are just not patient enough to wait for the rain to stop, to see the silver lining of the cloud.

So friends, promise you'll wait, would you? *wink*













0 comments :

Post a Comment